Thursday, 20 May 2010

Lola's Quilt

I'm so excited I've got some reactions to my earlier post! Thanks for stopping by to you all, it's just so much fun to get some feedback :-)

Ok, so I was planning on showing some of my recently finished projects. One of them was a quilt I made for my friends daughter.

This is how it turned out.



The colours didn't come out too well on this photo unfortunatly.


And for a closer look...



I had lots of fun fussy cutting my fabrics to make the butterflies, there's even birds on one of them.




I just love making baby quilts! Don't you?

Lots of handstitching going on in this quilt with the applique, embroidery and the quilting itself. I do enjoy handstitching!

Well, I'm out to soak up some sun :-D

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely, especially the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neautiful quilt - love the fabric you have used. Nic

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)