Saturday, 22 May 2010

Totes

This is what I've been working on over the last couple of days...

Just a straight forward tote I made for my friends daughter, she's got her tenth birthday party tonight! I machine quilted it in straight lines, no fuss wich is great! and made a butterfly applique from the same fabric as the lining.

I also made a little wallet to go with it from this great tutorial I found here here



This is the front with a space to put your ID in. Unfortunately the vynil I used got creased from turning the wallet back after adding the binding. Think I might have put a pin through it as well. ooops! First time is hardly ever perfect when I make something.



And on the back it has a little pouch where you can stick your mobile phone, I just love this design it's so compact and practical, and not to forget cute!

I attached a keychain to it so she can have everything with her in one go, money, ID, phone and keys.


And just because I loved it so much I wanted it for myself I made another tote and wallet :-) A bit bigger this one...
c

Front of the wallet, I love how the peacocks head pops out over the window. I was extra carefull not to damage the vinyl this time!

And the back with the phone pocket.


Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift for a ten year old. I love the fabric you used on your tote! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little tote looks fantatic
    I am sure the 10 year old loved it
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)