Sunday, 6 June 2010

Somewhere where the orchids grow.

Slowly but surely I'm finishing blocks on my quilt.




I've really gotten into the combination of patchwork, embroidery and applique. It's quite addictive!



For 'somewhere where the orchids grow' I was inspired by Rosalie Quinlan, I've used a lot of her'grandmother's flower garden' fabric and Leanne Beasley (who happens to have the same surname as me!)



Somewhere where the orchids grow is my twist on making a memory quilt I suppose.
I've themed each block, sorta kinda. And I've used phrases, parts of lyrics, film books etc. that have a meaning to me but are not always obviously clear to others.




I'd better get back to stitching some more!

Thanks for stopping by.

P.S
I'm playing around with the look of my blog a bit...thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog. What a great blog to visit. Loving this project you are working on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)