Saturday, 17 July 2010

about fabric & what the kids made & whimsy in progress

Yesterday I went to market and came back with this. All bargains of course! The fabric on top of the pile was brought there especially for me, wich made me feel really good so I had to buy 2 meters of it. The brown dots are going to be the backing to my whimsy quilt and the blue was a steal at €3 a meter so I bought it.



I also brought home this pile of lovely cuteness




I've been volunteering at my little monsters' school and helped the older kids do their embroidery. Now these will have to be made into little lavender scented pillows. I'll be busy sewing the backing fabrics on this weekend{wich the kids picked out themselves ~ cute!}.

My Whimsy circle quilt {working title} is coming along nicely. In fact I'm amazed how fast this top is coming together!
Lots of circles to be machine appliqued...



Some serious chain stitching..




And my quilt top was all done!




Here you can see it lounging on the ironing board.

If you're looking for me, I'll be behind my sewing machine ;-)

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking lovely, your new purchases are beautiful and the children will be so proud of their lavender pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great. Ilove the tops for the children's lavender pillows.and the material looks yummy.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those fabrics.. and for that price!! amazing... cute dots too...

    That top is coming on really quickly and looking good! Any ideas on how to quilt it yet?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)