Sunday, 11 July 2010

Do you recycle ?

My tumb is healing nicely - thank you all for the sympathy it really helps!

I've left the quilt and layer cakes for a bit. It's been much too hot for any big projects. Just looking at my quilt that still needs to get basted makes me sweat!

So to keep myself busy { sane } I've been experimenting with plastic. I do recycle my plastic bags, but I found I still had a fair few of them stashed for 'they might come in handy one day' purposes. I've seen some really cute wallets made out of milk cartons on a market once and I really liked them. Not only for their quirky cuteness but also because I like the idea of making something out of what otherwise would have been trash. So I decided to use some of my plastic bags and give them a new life.




I fused together layers of different plastic bags so the front and back of this zippered pouch are quite different. I like it this way though.



The possibilities are many with this fused plastic material. I'm thinking you could make a picknick/ festival blanket out of this, bottom layer fused plastic, fabric on top and you'll always have a dry spot to sit. But also beach bags, place mats, wallets, childrens bags etc.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :-)