Saturday, 24 July 2010

fish are jumping & the cotton is high

Summer break is finally here!!


The kids were so very pleased to get to take their pillows home. It made me feel good to get them all finished up in time for them to show them to their parents ~ glowing with pride of course!



Im excited about not having the alarm clock go every morning. Getting to spend more time with my family and friends, spending more time outdoors and probably a little less time blogging {something's gotta give } But I'll be around and I'm most likely to be working on something that I'll feel like showing you all.

Thank you for your kind comments on my whimsy quilt, they really make my day!!
I've taken some time to make a tutorial should you feel tempted to make one for yourself. I found this quilt to be quick & simple to make with a very cute quilt as the end result. I'm thinking it would be a great quilt to just whip up when you're in need of a present for someone quickly. It being my first tute there might be some flaws there so just let me know if you stumble acros any mistakes I've made. And I'd love to get some pictures of course!

Ejoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Letme guess, did you go into school and make those pillows with the kids? If so, good for you, and how fab - keep coming back and taking another look at your Whimsy quilt, it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so good I can just see the smiles on the children's faces have A good Break.Summertime Is one of my favorite songs It brings back good memories to me.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a few details of how those pillows were made - particularly what fabric they threaded the yarn (?) through. My daughter would love to make that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)