Friday, 30 July 2010

What do you do on your first week of summer break?

You get ill!
Or at least that's what my little man did.

Lucky the weather wasn't to great either. So in between nursing my boy back to health I sewed ~ what else is new!




The result, two new pillows.



Pillows prove to be the perfect size for me to practice free motion quilting. I must admit I made one more pillow but it failed miserably. It looked fine before I started quilting it! But a change of thread worked wonders. I was using a polyester machine thread and switched to cotton. I couldn't believe the difference it made in how my stitches looked.



But a change of thread worked wonders. I was using a polyester machine thread and switched to cotton. I couldn't believe the difference it made in how my stitches looked. I'm pretty pleased with myself that I dared to try something other than just stippling! {in contrasting thread colour I might add}




{Proud pillow on top of new storage cabinet.}

Oh and birds are my new 'thing' see how long that one lasts..!

X Leila

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor little boy! :o(

    But beautiful beautiful cushions! That quilting is incredible!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows are gorgeous! Your machine quilting is coming along very nicely! I really like all the intricate stitching designs you are creating! (doesn't look like beginner work at all)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this raven pillow! I found thread that my machine actually enjoys for free motion quilting. I use Essentials cotton thread from Connecting Threads. You might want to check it out.

    Hope the rest of your summer break is illness free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That black and white pillow is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bird pillow!! Your quilting is beautiful!! I'm off to a lesson on free motion quilting today. It's time I tackled the growing pile of quilt tops I have. Hope your little boy gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh poor thing! Hope he's feeling much better. Love the pillows and your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)