Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Work in progress Wednesday #3

Thanks again to all of you who gave me advice in my previous post !

I corrected the strips I had cut already and sewed them all together. Starched and starched some more, it's not perfect and my flimsy will not do as it's told and lie flat. But I do think that once it's quilted these imperfections will not show {as much at least...I hope!}






I've appliqued all the black 'ravens' now {I'm not much of a birdwatcher so I can't be certain these qualify to be called ravens, but it is what I'm calling them!} I chose to go for  raw edge applique this time, instead of the needleturn applique I did with the pillows. Much easier and quicker!





Something I've been wanting to do for a while now is draw on fabric.  Bit scary at first but I finally did it! Using my fabric marker anything I can manage to draw I can put on any fabric I want, it's super cool!!




I even love that my drawing's aren't perfect, it's turning out pretty close to what I had in mind.

I'll be basting and quilting this one soon. Not exactly sure how I will quilt it and I still need to go get some wadding, but soon!

X Leila

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks like a really interesting quilt! I am looking forward to seeing it in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your birds & birdcage design!
    The combination of those bright fabric strips along with the gray & black look fabulous!
    I bet your top will lay flat once quilted...it's going to be BEAUTIFUL!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdcages look fantastic! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is one of the coolest quilts I have seen, I really admire your creativity

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)