Monday, 20 December 2010

Boy Quilt {finished}

I feel pretty proud of myself that I managed to finish this quilt in time for christmas.!

Boy Quilt {finished}

It measures 44"x70" made with Urban Circus and Kona solids from Mandy's lovely shop
My little man didn't think too much of it at first, but after a quick feel of the soft flannel I backed it in, he said it was all right. I caught him pulling it onto the couch with him and cuddling up under it though, when he thought mummy wasn't looking of course!

Boy Quilt {finished}

I searched long and hard to find the right voile to back this quilt with. And although I found plenty of gorgeous {Anna Maria Horner} voiles all of them were much too girly. This flannel I found works perfect, it's the right colours not too heavy, no real pile and soft soft soft!

My little monster's found another christmas present early {I need to improve my gift hiding skills!}...

...boys will be boys so this is the one he really likes! It's starting to look a lot like christmas here :-)

x Leila

4 comments:

  1. That such a lovely quilt and I am glad he liked the snuggly back!

    I especially like the way you have quilted it in circles, it really goes well with the squares in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, really fresh and I love the space around the squares- I am sewing as fast as I can to get my daughter's long promised quilt finished- you were fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - I love the colours and the fabric on the back looks lovely. How did you quilt it and is it hard to quilt flannel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! I featured it on my blog today. I'm also coveting your wheel barrow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)