Sunday, 30 January 2011

~Sunday Sewing~

Do you remember me babbling about wanting to make a slow quilt with my stack of Anna Maria Horner fabrics?
Well I didn't want to make just hexagons, I wanted something a little more fun so I went looking for inspiration on Flickr. Where I found this and I loved it! She said she got the pattern from paperpieces.com, but I could not find it there. Still it wasn't that difficult to figure out the pattern myself. I made 2" hexagons, so that meant I needed 2" squares and 2" triangles to make this circle shape. It looks a bit like a variation on the double wedding ring pattern, don't you think?


AMH paperpieced circles


It was my friends birthday yesterday so I decided this was the perfect occasion to start cutting into some of my new fabrics! She just moved into her new house so I figured a nice new cushion would go well for a present.



Karen's Cushion


I am so pleased with how this turned out it  really looks like it belongs on her couch!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend

x Leila

6 comments:

  1. Ooo. The cushion is gorgeous!! I think I need some Ruby Star Rising in my life too! The AMH quilt is going to be awsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt pattern and your choice of fabrics for it. The cushion is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work! The ravens, especially the pillow with the lavendar strips!
    Also your hexagon quilt which is really going well! I have sewn a large block hexagon quilt top...need to get it quilted!
    I've been making art and quilts for years...now the internet takes me away from sewing, but it is so nice to visit lovely artists like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of this! Glad that my version was helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Both the quilt and the pillow are simply lovely! How fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)