Tuesday, 15 February 2011

~about a doll quilt, a mug rug and good etiquette~

My little monster has been quite ill over the weekend. We've been housebound since friday and I can tell you the walls are closing in one me! The silver lining of spending all my time between these four walls is of course sewing! I finished my mini quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap. Here it is all bound and quilted, still in need of a label and a name perhaps? Suggestions are welcome!


{Doll Quilt Swap 10} Finished!

I've grown to love this little quilt. It's been quite a challenge to come up with something I hope my partner will like. Judging from the extensive stalking I have done she has quite different tastes from mine. But she, like most of us in the swap, would like for her partner to make something they love. So I tried to do both. A little bit of my likes combined with some things I think she likes...lets hope I didn't get it wrong!
I ended up making something quite different from  my initial idea but I still really wanted to execute the 'ceci n'est pas un coq' quilt. So I made this mug rug. It's pathetic if you're the one laughing hardest at your own joke, I know! But it makes me laugh everytime I see it.


Ceci n'est pas un Mug Rug


Something completely different; Kat is hosting a series of posts by different guest bloggers Good Etiquette for the Modern Blogger  Today's day two so there's only one day's worth of cathing up, it's very interesting to read!

6 comments:

  1. Leila I love your doll quilt its beautiful! I'm sure your partner will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug rug made me giggle love it. Dq very pretty too, I have no ideas for names, sorry !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that doll quilt is BEAUTIFUL! Love love love it!
    And thanks for the publicity! Really glad you're enjoying the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your doll quilt, it makes me think of patience as all seems to be moving but not the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really lovely, I wish that would come to me! Your partner is very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll quilt is beautiful -- and I love the mug rug (well-made, smart and naughty...what else can one ask for?). Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)