Sunday, 6 March 2011

~Charley Harper Quilt Along~


I joined the Charley Harper Quilt along over on Flickr. I honestly had not seen much of his work before but it has a very familiar feel to it. I love this retro style! The idea is we all pick a favorite image to work with, what you make is up to you, a quilt, or just a block, pillow mug rug anything goes! You can read more about it here and here

I've narrowed my faves down to these three and I really can't decide wich one I like best!


So I'm thinking perhaps I'll do all three and make a set of pillows. Not sure if this is too ambitious of a plan yet but they look good together don't they?
If you're interested come on over and join us, looks like this is going to be a fun quilt along and you get to decide how big or small a project you make!

x Leila

4 comments:

  1. Love the 3 you've chosen. I'm not participating in this as I've got too much on my plate but I'll be looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Such a fun idea for a quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours and designs on the fabric you have chosen, and look forward to seeing what you make. I mainly knit (although do sew from time to time) and have seen knitathons but not had the courage to join in yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs Leila - I'm so looking forward to getting my teeth into this one - just one more swap to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew great minds thought alike! I have been looking at the Charlie Harper book at B&N for about a year now. One day I will break down and buy it. In the meantime I picked up a calender ~ But I have had it in mind to recreate in fabric his cool drawings. I did not know there was a group. Right up my alley! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)