Sunday, 20 March 2011

~ from the old chair ~

This month's Fresh Modern Bee 2 blocks are designed by Allison/ Pioneer Valley Girl. She sent us great instructions and beautiful fabrics by Kate Spain with some Kona Coal. I can't get over how much I love this colour scheme, it's gorgeous don't you think?!


I also made this tea towel to practice Sashiko stitching. I made the design up myself based on a more tradition Sashiko design that looks like scallops {really not sure if that's the proper name for the design or not!}



Since this is not an all over design in the traditional Sashiko style, I could not stitch it all continuously, wich obviously shows on the back.  But who cares about the back right?!
I love the simplicity of the red crochet thread against this linen. It almost makes me want to do the dishes....almost ;-)

What did you sew this weekend?
x Leila

P.S there is still time to enter my Give Away entries close tomorrow!


6 comments:

  1. Love the tea towel, simple but pretty! I'm fussy cutting tiny squares at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bricky block and your Sashiko. I have a beginner pack to practice with but haven't had time to break into it yet. Your looks lovely, red against tan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too nice to use as a tea towel really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'm such a fan of Sashiko ... I do all my quilting with the long needles ... yum ...

    loving that brick block too ... you're right - wonderful colours ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tea towel It is very Nice you should just hang it in the kitchen and look at it it's to pretty to use to dry the dishes with.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Chair, what a great frame for your lovely show and tell. The tea towel could be a table runner. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)