Wednesday, 13 April 2011

~Bee Blocks Parade~

How are you all doing?, it's been a while since we've last talked!
I had an unfortunate flu outbreak in the house and have been couch bound for the last week. But I'm up and about again. The sun is shining and I'm hopeful that was the last of the winter's cold creeping it's way out of our system.

 April happens to be my month in the Fresh Modern Bee 2. I have sent out fabrics from my Anna Maria Horner stash asking for 'simple' blocks using squares and rectangles only. At first I was worried this wasn't going to be enough of a challenge. But I do love a simple block and find that there's lots of possibilities to be creative using simple square shapes.



Innocent Crush for Leila
Lynne's block.
We're only a couple of weeks into April and not all blocks have been made yet but there are some pretty ones popping up in the group already that I'd love to show off to you all.

First up is the incredible Lynne. It's hard to imagine her making a mistake, anything she touches turns into gold. I love how these two outer borders give your eye a place to rest and really help to sort of calm down all these little bursts of colour.



fresh modern bee2 april 2011 block
Chickenfoot's block.


Next is Chickenfoot's block, nice clean and simple squares and rectangles, it lets the pretty fabrics shine. I can't wait to finish this quilt and stroke all the beautiful soft voiles.

And there's Flightin's block wich is a stunner, look at this!

FMBII - April 2011
Flightin's block.
I love everything about it, the combination of fabrics is perfect, the fussy cut center.. notice that teeny  dobby voile border around it? Love!

I never knew just how exciting it is to see the blocks for your month appear on the group pages, now I do I think I am hooked! Can't wait to get these babies back home and look at them up close and personal {do I sound like a quilting perv now? lol!}


I'm really enjoying my month, and looking forward to seeing the rest of the blocks being made :-)

x Leila

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful the effort people go to in a bee, beautiful blocks- I hope you are all recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those blocks are so beautiful and perfect and gorgeous! How exciting to get these in your mail!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)