Wednesday, 11 May 2011

{Fresh Modern Bee 2} May

This month it's Shiner's View's turn in the Fresh Modern Bee 2. She went to Amsterdam and brought back fabric {what else right?!} These prints are a bit more traditional than we normally get in this Bee, but I'm always up for a challenge :-) She asked us to make windmill inspired blocks, here's what I came up with.


FMB2 May blocks

I didn't get the math quite right on this one, I wish the corners would match up a bit better. But I do love this block. I'll have to make it again one day.

FMB2 May blocks

I'm looking forward to see how this quilt will evolve.

Something completely different, I can't get enough of this new to me singer. She's amazing! Her music makes me feel as if the world stands still for a moment and everything is peaceful and good. Don't take my word for it, have a listen for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the pinwheels! And we are TOTALLY on the same page with Agnes! Just astoundingly beautiful. I don't have words.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are stunning!! A whole quilt of them would look amazing. I'm on the train without headphones so I'll have a listen to the music later but thanks for the recommendation, always great to hear new music.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)