Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Log Cabin Pillow

Today I have a new pillow to share with you all. I desperately want to replace some old and worn out furniture, but since I cannot afford to at the moment I decided to spend my weekend rearranging all the old crap. You know, to see if it looks better from a different corner of the room ;-) And it does sorta kinda..

little corner

Bought some pretty flowers and made a pillow from some leftovers of my + & x blocks {the quilt top is coming together nicely}. I love log cabin pillows, simple but very effective. This is now my favorite corner of the house.


new pillow

Now I need to visit some good car boot sales, thrift shops , fleamarkets or whatever it is called in your neck of the woods for some lovely bargains!


Happy wednesday,

x Leila

12 comments:

  1. Such a nice corner -- I love the combination of fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow and the flowers are absolutely beautiful. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! i've been wanting to do some log cabin projects lately too ~maybe on a smaller scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love log cabin and your pillow is no exception- lovely! Good luck with finding some treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pillow!!! Theres lots of my fav fabrics in there. That looks like a lovely spot to sit and flip through quilting magazines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really sweet, great fabrics. and way to go, awesome on re-using what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that is a lovely cushion! I really need to make us some for our sofa! What did you use for the backing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mixture of machine and hand quilting in that pillow! And some of my fav fabrics in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks fot following! Oo.. wow, I spot a piece of Ruby Star Rising on that cushion. Good idea!! One of my favorite fabrics in my shop. -x- Rozalinde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pillow! Love the way you mixed up those fabrics. You have such a lovely blog, Leila.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)