Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Fancying the Farmer ~ a summer fling? ~

Ooooh I can see many romance novel blogpost titles in my future ;-)
If you have not heard of the Farmer's Wife Quilt along that's happening over on Flickr you might want to go check it out here It's a virus that's spreading fast through the online community and it's safe to say I got caught.

I lusted after the farmer for weeks waiting for the book to arrive. Finally today I heard the postman struggling to push something through my letterbox followed by a big thump...



Fancying the Farmer

So I ran to the copy shop with my Farmer's CD in hand to get all my templates copied. One huge stack of paper later I sat down behind Mr Pfaff to start what I hope will be a hot summer fling for me.


#1 Attic Windows

I find it quite fiddly working with templates, it's not something I'm used to. And of course I messed up my first block and squared the whole thing up too small! I'll have to redo this block at one point if. I decide to make the whole quilt because I don't know if I'll commit to this farmer dude just yet....I'll have to see the ring first ;-)

The next block went a little better because I eliminated the need for templates all together and just used my rotary cutter for the triangles.


#6 Big Dipper

Squared up correctly this time :-) This is going to be a great learning experience for me I'm so glad I joined in!



x Leila

9 comments:

  1. oooh that looks really fun. Is it kind of like a Dear Jane quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be careful of this farmer dude, seems to be a bit of a ladies man to me ;-) I'm trying hard not to be smitten myself but seeing all these gorgeous blocks... I'm falling too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the club...now stay away from my man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll have to get this book! It looks very fun. Your blocks are great!
    Mrs. Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blocks! I've been contemplating joining the club for the last few days...only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great fun. I like your blocks, I also don't like templates, I'm sure you can substitute with the rotary cutter. Lots of luck with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This farmer is def getting around at the moment!
    Nice blocks though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks! My book is waiting for me a the bookstore. I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This farmer certainly is travelling far and wide. Some girls I know in Melbourne Australia are smitten and he is tugging at my heart strings as well. All I'm waiting for is my parcel to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)