Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Sewing my little heart out...

...to keep the shop full :-)

First off I so enjoy a good scrap busting project, my baskets are overflowing with little snippets I do not want to throw out. So I made this set of coasters. Aren't they fun?

Square Coaster Set

I even managed to use up an odd piece of lace and a flower applique that never found a home. I'm definitely doing more of these!


Then I felt the need to sew something a little more zen,  and made this sashiko tea towel.


Sashiko Tea Towel

You may remember I made a quite similar towel before and wasn't happy with the way the stitching showed up on the back. So I decided this time round I'd do the stitching on a separate piece of linen and stitch that to the towel so the backside is concealed. I'm quite pleased with this solution.


Ok, so I have been rather busy there's more!
You may have heard me rambling before about how I get words or sentences stuck in my head. I often hear people talk about how they think in images I believe I think in words...if that's at all possible I don't know! 

Cushion {sit in a chair and be good now}

Today this is what kept repeating in my head 'sit in a chair and be good now'...need I say more?

Pfff best go take my own advice and sit down for a minute ;-)
All of the above is listed in the shop along with more "you wash I'll dry" tea towels I sewed up over the weekend.


x Leila

13 comments:

  1. lovely, that tea towel idea is fabulous, great solution! looks like you'll have a wonderfully stocked shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these!
    i have so many tiny scraps i can't toss..this is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things - I particularly like the words on the cushion!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely goodies and what a great way to use up treasured scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. Love the coasters, and the pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog about the pillowcase dresses. Have just emailed you! I am now following your lovely blog too!! Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have been busy. Such pretty things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff Leila - you have definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished a post about hating to throw out scraps too! Love your idea for coasters. Have started working on a string quilt with the longer pieces and was wondering what to do with the bitty ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the words on the pillow cover. Excellent idea. I think it's time for me to invest in some alphabet stamps and fabric ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello
    #I have just found you r lovely blog via a picture on pinterest of you beautiful coasters. There are soooooo pretty. Do you have instructions or a tutorial on how they were made? I do hope so.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Su WARD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there,
    I have just found your lovely blog and the beautiful little coasters that you have made. They are sooooo pretty and look such fun to make. Do you have any instructions to share or a tutorial on how they were made? I would love to know how you made them. It's such a cool way to use up bits 'n' bobs of material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su!!
      I do not have a tutorial for these coasters but they are QAYG (Quilt as you go) scrappy log cabin blocks. If you look at my scrappy organizer tutorial you will find instructions on how to sew this block. I usually make my coasters 5" unfinished - hope that helps!

      Delete

Your comments make my day :-)