Sunday, 19 June 2011

~Sunday~

It's been windy grey and raining here for days. Not very promising with the summer break starting in only a couple of weeks. I'm wearing layers of clothing again and scarfs, it feels more like autumn here, sun come back!

So huddled up inside as I am, let me show you what my highspeed Pfaff and I have been up to this weekend.


SUTK Apron for my partner
vanity winning over the cold wind I had to take the ugly old cardigan off to pose for the photo ;-)


First off I'd like to reveal the mystery item I made for my partner in the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap

Some of you guessed it already, it's an apron. I'm hoping it fits my partner's bill. I'll make her something to go along with it I just can't make my mind up exactly what. Not for lack of ideas more for an abundance of them I can not choose!

Some sewing for the shop as well..



Clutch

A small clutch from one of my favorite Yuwa prints. This print has different fabric swatches with little notes scribbled in the margins, I love it! It's like it came straight from an old dressmaker's studio. {my imagination runs away with me sometimes!}


Granny Chic Pillow

From the old chair... a granny chic pillow cover made with vintage fabric and a doily- fun! I secretly want to keep this one.

And because I felt like I was neglecting the boys a bit, today I made these fun coin purses.


Pirate & Ninja Coin purse
you can find these listed in my shop

arrr arrr! They make me smile, my 5 year old boy thinks pirates are for babies but he does like ninja's.


So tell me how is your weekend treating you? Anything fun happened, did you get some sewing done? I want to hear all about it :-)

x Leila


4 comments:

  1. Boo for cold rainy weather but yea for sewing time! I'm in love with that clutch and the pirate/ninja pouches! I got about 8 hours of quilting time in yesterday and spent about 30 minutes working on the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - the perfect day! (Although somehow the 30 minutes of piecing made me feel more productive than a whole day of quilting!...) Today, we're off for some window shopping and a super-tasty but not-so-good-for-you lunch...I love weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your creations are so much fun! I particularly love the clutch bag. What amazing fabric. Your pirates and ninjas are really fab too!! You have such good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely little collection all on one post! Especially love the cushion and the Ninja coin purse, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makes Leila! The apron you made for your swap is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)