Thursday, 23 June 2011

Swap, Bee & Charity

It's been a busy sewing month. It always seems like this before the summer holidays begin and I know I'll be away from my sewing machine. I try and cram as much sewing in as possible as if that will help with the withdrawal ;-)

So are you ready for a bit of random sewingness? {yes that is a word!}

Swap:
I made my mind up and finished my "spicing up the kitchen swap" package for my partner.


SUTK what I'm sending my partner..
I'm sending out a flowery apron, a potholder / ovenmit thingy that I'm quite fond of and a surprise little gift that would give too much away so that will remain a secret. I hope she'll be happy.


Bee:
June is Fissiet's month and she asked for log cabin blocks with lots of lovely neutrals and little coloured accents.


FMB2 June block

I just love this mix of fabrics she sent out and log cabin blocks...well I just can't get enough of them!

Charity:
After reading Jo's post about this wonderful charity called 'dress a girl around the world' I knew I had to jump in and make a dress too.
Every girl deserves at least one pretty dress right?!

Dress a Girl Around the World

If you'd like to read more or make a dress yourself you can find all the information you need on Louise's blog. It's a wonderful thing she's doing!


I guess there's nothing left to do here but a trip to the post office ;-)

x Leila

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress! I love it. The fabric is beautiful. Thanks so much for the mention too. Really appreciate it. Love the apron too!!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron is so sweet (and photographed so well). I also love the bee block! I don't know that I would describe myself as loving neutrals with a pop of color, but that fabric combination is singing my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty dress! Thanks so much for making one - and so fast!!
    Also adore your apron and oven mitt - your partner will be so delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all but that bee block is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)