Wednesday, 8 June 2011

~Wednesday~ Small Sewing Projects

I am waiting for the weather to dry up a bit so I can go outside and take pictures of my new quilt. I am very excited about this one!

Pfaff at work

Meanwhile I've made some smaller things. This is a little peek of what I am making my partner in the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap

A little peek for my SUTK partner..
 I spent a lot of time crocheting those flowers {there are more than the one you see in this pciture} and adding the crochet trim. I think it's worth it and I hope my partner will love this.
It's not time for a full reveal yet, for one it's not finished and I don't want to spoil the surprise. But soon I'll show you what it is, in the meantime give it your best guess! I'd love to hear what you think this is.

More kitchen things...I made these tea towels as well, playing around with an idea I had.



you wash 3

I love how these turned out! They're so simple yet really effective. The linen I used has a nice heavy quality to it, wich I think is great for a kitchen towel.

Put the kettle on 2

I listed these in my brand new Etsy shop The 'you wash, I'll dry" towel is already sold!!
Is it strange that I feel a bit shy announcing I opened an etsy shop?! But I did, and since I am still mucking around there trying out different shop banners and adding more items you get a 15 % discount if you enter the code SHOPOPEN1 at checkout.

Have a happy wednesday,

x Leila
 

14 comments:

  1. May I be the first to congratulate and say if you make another 'you wash and I'll dry' I'll be your next customer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! congrats on your sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and a lovely shop too! X blocks for your partner- lucky partner! Loving the crochet trims as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun. are these stamped?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ":simple and effective" yes, but also freaking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome!!! that's all I can say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything on this post is just so nice! I love them all but especially the sneak peek - the crocheted flowers are so cute and I love the colors. Looks like a tea towel or something like that but whatever it is, they will love it! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! And I love the tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Leila, what kind of ink did you use to stamp those letters on?
    I love the "You Wash, I'll dry" one. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a winner with you "i'll wash, You dry" tea towel! And congratulations on your new Etsy Shop!!How exciting that you've already had a sale!I guess you're make an apron for your partner. The crochet details are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My guess is you're making a cute little table runner. Whatever it is going to be it is gorgeous. Your swap partner is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. darn it! i wanted that towel - too bad someone already beat me to it :(

    that was a really cute idea. i always love everything you make! congrats on the etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely blog! i have that sewing machine too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)