Saturday, 16 July 2011

PomPomAlong, Hexalong, YoYoalong {it's summer!}

It's summertime and everywhere in blogtopia there are great ideas popping up for portable sewing projects.

After seeing this post I decided I need to make a couple of these fab pom pom strings while I'm out and about this summer. So I gathered up this basket full of pretty colours and I'm planning on getting busy with my pom pom makers!


Anyone fancy to PomPomAlong with me? If there's takers I will have a go at making a button for the PomPomAlong and a Flickr Page perhaps so you can show off your pretties? All you need is some Clover Pom Pom makers and some yarn in pretty colours and you're good to go. They come in packs of two different sizes - very convenient. I'm going to start with two and see how far I get, perhaps I'll order another set to have more of a variety in sizes.


If pom pomming doesn't strike your fancy how about a hexalong?
 

Lynne @ Lily's Quilts is hosting a Hexalong. She has guest posts lined up and templates to print and all sorts of fun in store for you this summer! Head on over to her blog to sign up and get all the details.

Or how about a YoYoalong?



Penny @ Sewtakeahike is hosting a YoYoalong, I'm planning on joining this one as soon as my Yo Yo maker arrives, I've got tons of scraps all ready and waiting.
Penny posted a great photo tutorial on her blog and also has one of those fancy progress bars to help you keep track of your yo yo making.


Be sure to let me know if you would like to pom pomalong with me :-)
Happy summer sewing!

Leila x

1 comment:

  1. Pom poms are so much fun!!! What a lot of quilt alongs to take part in. Alas I don't have a minute to spare these days, but I'll enjoy seeing your pom poms, I know they'll be awesome like everyhing you do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)