Thursday, 14 July 2011

Sewing Bag


I joined yet another swap on Flickr.
This one is particularly fun because you get to make a pretty pouch, I love a small sewing project one that I can start and finish in a day....you know keeping things simple ;-)
Well that was until I decided I just had to make the sewing bag from Suzuko Koseki's latest book Natural Patchwork

Granted I still finished it in a day but I spent it glued behind my machine!


For my partner..

This is not the easiest little bag to sew, the courthouse step blocks are tiny finishing at 2 1/2" x 4" but they're cute and you only need four blocks. I made three instead because I couldn't find a zipper long enough. It's the gusset that had me uttering one or two lets say 'less than ladylike" words!

I love how this turned out though, and I sure hope my partner will too.
Need to make one for me now...or could I persuade my partner to make me one?

x Leila

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute pouch! Love it! Do you like that book? It's on my craft book wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could bare to give this pretty little pouch away! Especially after all the work that has obviously gone into it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You must have a lot of patientce though - those blocks look teeny tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and it doesn't look easy at all. But, I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stunning! I think a fight might break out- so many people want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous - whenever people blog about this swap it looks so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Done in a day? well done you, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I wish I was your partner, but I'm not in the swap :-) I bet they will love it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky, lucky partner, I hope it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly don't know how anyone can top this! It's so beautiful! After seeing your photos on flickr, I grabbed my book and tried to decipher the instructions to make my own, and I don't get it! But I think i'll still need to try if this pouch doesn't come my way in the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it turned out amazing! so so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've really done such a fabulous job Leila! I'm with Kerry.... I think their may be a bun fight for this. You have set the bar high! Now I'm nervous to start lol... well inspired more like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your sewing bag is gorgeous. last round of the swap i designed a bag but used the gusset idea from that same pattern. i was not thrilled with all of the handsewing required and hidden on the inside of the bag :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)