Monday, 4 July 2011

Six Farmer's down...

..105 to go!

I might be the most reluctant Farmer's Wife of them all. Some days I really hate my Farmer he's so arrogant and demanding {why is it always the bad boys eh?} He sniffed at my feeble attempts to piece one of the more advanced blocks.


#55 Linoleum

But then he smiled and gently pushed me towards these 'easier' ones and I was smitten all over again.

I went in this for the learning experience and trying to push myself to become a better or I should say more accurate piecer. I love sitting behind my sewing machine slapping bits of fabric together and see what I can create organically, I'm not one to follow a pattern and this is tough for me at times.



#12 Broken Sugar Bowl

But I love the feeling of accomplishment when I look at my finished blocks {1" triangles and all} so I'm still sticking it out. Who knows maybe one of these days my Farmer will make an honest woman out of me ;-)

x Leila

7 comments:

  1. You're a braver woman than I am...the farmer and I don't stand a chance together. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, isn't it infuriating how complicated he makes things? Lovely blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been neglecting my farmer lately. But I was sent the most gorgeous scraps in the Brit Quilt Swap and I'm soooo keen to get making with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look gorgeous! Your dress arrived today. Thanks so much. Have just emailed you. Its up on the blog now too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blocks do look great, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I think your blocks look wonderful and it was really cute the way you write this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my farmer is on hold while i catch up a little. he can just hold his horses for a little while :) until i get back to him, i'm fully enjoying your blocks. your block 55 may be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)