Saturday, 20 August 2011

August Bee Blocks

Today I want to share my most recent bee blocks with you.
First up is the block I made for Lauree in the Cocorico bee.


Cocorico September Bee block - Kitchen Couture

Her theme for the month is 'Kitchen Couture'. I drafted up this little pattern of a Japanese style teapot my mum used to have.  Hers was black, as most of these iron cast teapots are but I decided to make Lauree's teapot yellow just for fun!

Next up is my block for Patchwork 318 bee. Ayumi chose "Sweets' Shop" as her theme for the month.


318 Bee Block for Ayumi

I made a green tea and vanilla rose ice cream cone, topped with strawberry whipped cream and red chocolate bow. I managed to square this block up wrong at the very end! But thanks to all the wonderful people over on Flickr I'm now convinced this mistake isn't too bad after all :-)

I don't know about you but starting in a new bee always gets me a bit nervous!


Last up is Reene's block for Fresh Modern Bee 2. She asked us to make our signature block, and sent some wonderful Hope Valley fabric paired  with a bit of solid. I asked her if I could add some bits from my stash to make this + & x block.



FMB2 August Block for Nellie's Niceties

Not sure if it fits the bill as my signature block but I so enjoyed making my + & x blocks quilt that I really wanted to make another one of these blocks!

x Leila

7 comments:

  1. Great blocks Leila! I think thebock you made for me shows your signature use of colour! Works for me, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blocks, love the ice cream cone and the colours in the X and Y are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, I love the icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take hand, lift chin, close mouth! WOW! These blocks are amazing and I wish I had your talent and creativity. Can I just say...A*M*A*Z*I*N*G????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks!!! That teapot block is beyond amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. every single one of these blocks is gorgeous.

    i find myself in a pickle with one of my bees. i was just sent some truly horrid fabric. some of it is so stiff that it can stand on edge and it is all in colors i abhor. *and* i have very specific instructions with no flexibility. i can't tell you how thankful i am to have such wonderful people, creativity and freedom in the cocorico bee. your teapot block is genius.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)