Thursday, 18 August 2011

Lets start with coin purses

I've been unable to take photo's for what seems like ages! It's difficult to decide what to show you first. Rather than bombarding you with a ton of photo's I'm going to do a few posts and try and get back up to speed ok?

First off I received the most gorgeous coin purse from the uber talented Kerry in the pretty little pouch swap.


Pretty {little} Pouch Swap Received!!

I definitely got the long end in this swap, I couldn't possibly love a purse more than I love this one!

Kerry also sent me this beautiful pincushion as part of the 'pay it forward' game. It's now my turn to pay it forward to three of you. So if you would like to play along leave me a comment on this post. I'll pick the first three to reply and send you a little something. All you have to do is in turn pay it forward by sending a little pretty handmade something to three of your readers within a year's time. Simple enough right?

I made a little framed coin purse myself as well. I think it turned out pretty decent for a first attempt. I first made a couple test patterns out of left over scraps before deciding on the final shape and size.


Small Patchwork Coin Purse

This one will be winding it's way to a friend....shhh it's a surprise!

It's good to be back! Thanks so much for sticking around :-) Don't forget to comment if you would like to take part in paying it forward.

x Leila

11 comments:

  1. I would love to play with you in "Pay it forward"!
    Is this a problem that we live in different countries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I would love to play the Pay if Forward Game too! (I'm in the US though, if that matters...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little coin purse--both the one from Kerry and the one you made. I never thought I needed a frame purse before. Don't know if it violates the rules if I'm currently doing my "pay it forward" but would loooooove something handmade by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great in your pics with the super duper new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovelies in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful coin purse - you are so clever!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whole paying it forward notion and have giveaways myself for that very reason.

    I like the small squares together in the purse you made, so much worth any possible fiddlyness to see it made up in that lovely way.
    And lucky you to receive a smashing gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the coin purse you've made!great colors :)
    and the little purse you won is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have a hard time sending that coin purse away. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful & happy coin purse! lucky friend you have:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh my, I love tour purse! I need to try making one someday. I'd love to play the pay it forward game

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)