Friday, 19 August 2011

Small Sewing Projects ~ Fabric Baskets~

A few weeks back I did a little fabric swap with the lovely Amy from Nana Company Knowing she has the most wonderful stash of cute and pretty florals I asked her for some scrappy bits.
After admiring my pretties for a while I decided I needed to sew something I can look at and use daily. Behold the fabric basket!

Fabric Bucket

I used Ayumi's excellent tutorial to whip these up. You can find it on her blog  This one is now sitting lovely on my sewing table holding all my bits and bobs tidy and in one place.
I knew I needed to sew a bunch more of these to scatter through the house in places where the clutter most often appears.

Because you can never have enough storage...

So far I have only managed to sew one other for the living room but I will sew a couple more for the bathroom and bedrooms.
I'm thinking Christmas gifts already wouldn't these be fun to use as a little gift basket? Hmm.. am I the only one thinking of Christmas presents already?!



x Leila

12 comments:

  1. pretty pretties! I already have 2 Christmas makes planned, I know time always runs out so I am getting in early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this tute just last week to make a fabric basket (minus handles) for my bedside. I thought I could do with a stack of these and also what great Christmas gift baskets these would make. Yes, I've started with the Christmas making - most is only planned at this stage though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful and display some pretty nifty sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice!
    i am sure the recipient of a fabric basket like these would be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is EXACTLY what I need to make! I have a shelf to store all my underthings and have been looking (unsuccessfully) for 2 baskets to divide the space but this is amazingly perfect! Thanks for jumpstarting my brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're so pretty and good for you for thinking ahead to christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen these so many times & I really want to sew some of my own! They would make the greatest Christmas baskets, you could fill them with so many things! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! I needed a little project like this. I have a baby shower next weekend. Wouldn't one be lovely in a babies room? Also every fall we travel to Canada for a few weeks. I always take all my friends a handmade gift. You've solved the problem of what to make. :) Thank you, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these baskets. I have been wanting to try Ayumi's tutorial. She is such an inspiration and now you have inspired me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. I should start thinking about Christmas gifts before too long here. Must get through the start of school first, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving everything you've been making recently and these are not exceptions! Love them! And yes, I will be making some for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that pattern and your versions are just lovely. every time a fabric basket pops up on a blog, i wonder why i never get around to sewing one. and here i wonder again...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)