Monday, 12 September 2011

I believe this month will be all about pillows

It's funny whenever I join a new swap I get obsessed with whatever it is we are swapping and can't stop making more! It's what I love best about swaps they always inspire me.
Since I joined the Pillow Talk Swap I think you'll be seeing a lot of pillows from me over the next period of time. In fact I have a pillow tutorial in the making. I'll have it up on my blog hopefully in a few days.
Here's a little peek.


P1000734


This one came out smaller than I anticipated {I have never been particularly good at maths!} so I am making another one taking photo's along the way for the tutorial. It will include cutting instructions to make this pillow in three different sizes {I'm just showing off, I finally managed to solve my math problem lol!}


Here's a pillow I did finish up this weekend.


I believe this month will be all about pillows..
It has a bit of a Christmas feel to it don't you think?! I have listed it in the shop.
 
How was your weekend, did you get a lot of sewing done?

x Leila


14 comments:

  1. Oooh I just wish I could put fabrics together the way you, Kerry, Ayumi etc do - this pillow is wonderful. I had a rubbish weekend and a rubbish week last week - lots of little stresses all adding up to making me feel anxious for about a fortnight now but one by one they're resolving themselves so I'm feeling a bit sunnier today and will probably be having coffee with Mandy and our non quilting best mate, Sally tomorrow and that will cheer me up no end - sheesh - you didn't really want so much detail, did you? BTW, never having had a coin purse before, I am LOVING my little coin purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Leila-love both, lovely combinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think we 'channel' each other. Last month it was 241 totes and fabric baskets. This months I'm obsessed with planning and making pillows too! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these -and the color combinations are great too!glad you got your math figures worked out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Your fabrics are fabulous! Once again, I'm inspired by your creations. I can't wait for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pillows, I'll look forward to your tutes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally beautiful leila! and I feel the same way a lot, once I get started on pillows, clothes, etc. I can't stop! And good for you on figuring out your math, I really suck at figuring things out - so I've found. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing you make that doesn't wow me! I love your work and creativity and find it very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! I can't wait to see more of that first pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your pillow! from here it doesn't look to christmasy, but it might look different in person or under different lighting. my weekend was good--lots of fabric cutting and a little hand sewing--but my monday was horrendous. i'm crossing my fingers for a better tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your color combinations are wonderful.i really love your blog.susanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful pillows!! You have such great taste in fabrics Ans the skills to show them off!! Looking forward to more pillow action!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love your pillow, Leila! I have a lovely pillow Kerry made for me, so I don't need to make one for myself, but I have a few friends who just moved recently, so it's so nice to see lovely pillow tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)