Thursday, 20 October 2011

mad pillow making woman

I've been on a mad cushion making spree over the last couple of days!
Besides the ones I showed you here already,

patchwork squares...

patchwork pillow

log cabin..

log cabin pillow

I made another log cabin...


log cabin cushion #2

and more patchwork squares!

Patchwork pillow


All four of these have flown out of the shop faster then I could whip them up, I am most pleased!
I will be busy making some more, but I probably will not list them until I get back from my little break next week :-)

 I also found time to sew myself a little cushion to keep.


I'm on a mad cushion making spree!

This is a wee 14" cushion, the house block is a pattern from Kumiko Fujita's patchwork 318.

I'm thinking my month in this bee will have 'Home sweet home' as a theme. There are some really cute house blocks in this book. But there are also lots of applique blocks, a combination of both would be lovely don't you think?
I am not sure if this is a worldwide thing, but I think it is.. We get these decorative wall tiles, you know the ones I'm talking about right? They usually have a decorative motif stenciled or painted on them with a corny saying like ' home is were the heart is or 'seize the day' (I mean no offense by calling them corny- if you have a whole collection of them you rock!)
I was thinking of mixing up house blocks with these flowery applique blocks and corny sayings about love and home and family to turn into a large cushion or wall hanging or something.
I still have time to change my mind,  what do you think?
 

x Leila

Oh and one more thing, you may have noticed (Anna!) I'm wearing a new Nani Iro skirt in the last two pictures. I will show it off properly soon!

25 comments:

  1. Love these gorgeous cushions! Not surprised they flew out of the shop.

    It's a little bit corny but with these yummy fussy cut fabrics I think it will transcend its roots! Are you stamping, printing, transferring, embroidering or quilting your sayings? Would make a great lap quilt if you're into those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cushions very much, especially the first og cabin and the house, a little bit kitschy but not too much. The teapot is so cute!
    I`m in the mood for cushins, too, I`ve made some of farmer`s wife blocks and I`m just sewing one of Momo Wonderland fabric. I`m getting addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I love your blog! The way you style your photos! And that house cushion is beautiful! Such a modern take on a traditional block! I made a house block years ago, but this one inspires me to make another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leila, I've had a foundation pattern for a wee house like that printed and on my sewing table for about a week - I've been too scared of doing it and making a complete arse out of it. MUST go and try now, your pillow is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goregous pillows my lovely! I particularly love the 1st log cabin shown, the reds and blues are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!
    I like all your pillows, but my favourite is the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cushions are just completely and utterly adorable and I'm not surprised they sell so quickly - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the pillow sales and I have to say that I noticed your skirt too but didn't want to say, hey pretty skirt, because I didn't want you to freak out that people were checking out your clothes too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cushions are all so lovely, i like the variety and at the same time continuity. Home sweet home is a great theme- although my applique skills are not up to it I can rustle up a pieced block quite happily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! You've shared a couple posts ago the method you use while making log cabin pillows - thank you for that! I'll give a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love them all, wohoo for selling them all so quickly. They're beautiful. and hehe, glad I get to see more of that fab skirt soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why your pillows are flying out of your shop so quickly- they are so pretty, original, and unique, not something we can easily spot! Love them all so much!

    Your plan sounds good! I love KF's house patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you and me both, Leila! I love all yours here and as Kerry says, there is continuity but they are all so individual. Enjoy your break x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the cushions and that house would make a lovely quilt, corny or not, with the house/love/familt quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really love those cushions. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like how you photographed yourself holding your gorgeous pillows. Of course I spied the skirt(s)! Your theme for the bee sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fabulous cushions!! I can see why they've flown out of your shop!! I noticed your Nani Iro skirt straight away!! I've got a quilt top made with her fabrics in my pile of tops to be quilted. Your house idea sounds great, especially as a bee quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are such lovely cushions! And I love the sound of your next idea to include all those aphorisms.

    Hope you have a nice break.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cushions!! I especially love the house one. I have to admit I was admiring the clothes also!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pillows - lovely designs and colours. Beautiful.

    lifesrichpattern@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning! (a bit envious of anyone who has the 318 patchwork book--seriously I'm not going to pay $140 for it but I sure wish I had a copy). Anyway, the house block is adorable and that would be a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can totally see why your pillows sold so quickly! They are all very chic and cozy at the same time. And from what I can see of the shirt, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was just relaxing on the couch with my hubby, watching a movie, and i thought of you and your pillows. i need to whip some up for my house. yet another thing i may not get to for awhile. unless you want to host a pillow sewalong???

    ReplyDelete
  24. How can you ever part with these beautiful pillows???? Love the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)