Saturday, 10 December 2011

It's that time of year..

..when everything I sew is either a present, surprise or something that can not yet be blogged about!

I have something I can show today though.
In anticipation of going to the London Fat Quarterly Retreat I have made myself a little needle book.
I used Amy's - Nanacompany - wonderful tutorial and pieced my initial on the back with a pattern from Patchwork 318 by Kumiko Fujita.
Needle book

The little man has missed a lot of school, so I am doing my bit at home, in an attempt to get him back up to speed. We have lots of assignments that need to be made. But so far he is less than impressed by my teaching skills ha ha!

needlebook inside
I can tell you it has given me a whole new respect for those of you that home school - it isn't easy!!


needle book - back
I'm off to whip up a few more home made Christmas presents. Don't forget to check back Monday as it is Sew Mama Sew Give Away Day!

x Leila

15 comments:

  1. Love the needlebook! Can't wait to see it and you in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your organizer tutorial and Amy's needle book have been some of the top items I have been wanting to make myself. Now you just convinced me that I can combine them into one scrappy needle book just like this! I love the "L" and the London related fabric! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely needlebook :-) look forward to saying hello in London! (yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh it's like a mini version of your organiser - how cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been admiring those marching guards London fabric for some time - love how you've used them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Added to my list of favourite must-do thingamajigs! I hear you on the homeschooling - I struggle to get through the homework with my 7yo, I don't know how people could homeschool - you would need the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet needle pouch - wow, you are really preparing in advance! I would love to come to the retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looking forward to meeting you in London Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no I didn't have a Needlebook on my things to make for FQWR - I'll add it at number 68!

    Yours is a beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cute! I'm hoping to make it to London :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping over from the Retreat Flickr group to say hi :o) Love your wee needle book, good planning getting that one in early!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is the cutest needlebook! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love that needle book pattern and i love how you did your own Leila-twist on it. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)