Wednesday, 11 January 2012

~ January ~

I finished my January bee blocks.
In Patchwork 318, this month is all about gardening. I decided on making a watering can block for Tamiko. It was pleasant to work with a bit of fresh green on these dark and gloomy days of January!

In the garden block for Tamiko
It does look a bit like spring don't you think?

Melinda's vintage/cute Christmas block was already nearly finished. It just needed a border and some stamping. I stamped parts of the lyrics to "white Christmas" the way they get stuck in my head whenever I hear the song.


Vintage Christmas for Melinda

Well that was officially the last of Christmas, the tree is gone, the decorations are back in their boxes tucked away for December and nearly all the chocolates are eaten.
Bring it on January, my least favourite of months. I will not let your short dreary days bring me down! Perhaps it's a good thing not all the chocolate is eaten yet ;-)

x Leila

13 comments:

  1. Wow Leila these are absolutely gorgeous! Lucky lucky bee members :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* I just adore those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks, and your dead right, don't let January get you down. I have to keep repeating this to myself..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do some gorgeous blocks! Glad you've still got choccy left, it always improves things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to move from Christmas to Spring! Cute cute blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these blocks so much! that watering can is so bright and springy and i really do love the stamping on the christmas block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely but I cannot hate January as I was born in this month! More pressies....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm... I was just finishing some chocolate now =). January is about halfway gone. Is that a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOvely bright fabrics, Spring won't be long.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've done the watering can with the feed sack print

    ReplyDelete
  11. What can I say? I love every block you make! The stamping around the house is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)