Monday, 30 January 2012

meanwhile in cyberspace..

A little while back I started my own Flickr Group as a place for people to share what they make with my tutorials. I was worried that nobody would join, but much to my delight you have been posting some wonderful things there!
It is the best feeling to see your lovely creations made from one of my tutes :-) These are just a few of them, click on the photo's to see the originals.

scrappy organizer
by Erleperle.eu

pillow front
by Chloeandme

New Wallet for me
by Charise


In other news I have been busy wrapping my head around PDF pattern design. It is still slow going but there's progress - oh yes! There will be a pattern for scrappy leaf key fobs, which I hope to have available in the shop soon!

Leila's leaf keychain fobs
by Penny Sewtakeahike

Leila's Scrappy Organizer and Keyka Lou's Dumplings purse
by Erin @ Why Not Sew Quilts

by Pam Mue


I also have a few paper piecing designs in the making. One of those will be available for free on my blog as part of Sew Out Loud {quilters' wordplay} QAL. This quilt along is all about sewing and text and fabric. It will kick off February the 1st with a give away, sponsors guest judges.. the works! I do believe it is going to be an amazing QAL, so keep your eyes peeled ladies and join our group !

x Leila

7 comments:

  1. I need another QAL like a hole in the head - BUT I'll be here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting and text and fabric, oh my! It sounds right up my alley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun seeing others interpret your patterns! And of course I am there for Word Play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cool! and your patterns and the QAL sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word play sounds great, I'll look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bet it is really fun to see others making things with your tutorials. i can't wait to see what you all make with the qal. i am so behind i better not commit now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw your lovely quilt over at 100 Days of Modern Quilting! Hi from New Zealand :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)