Monday, 13 February 2012

Cocorico February ~ Pippi

It is Muriel's month in Cocorico and she chose Pippi as her theme. I got all excited about this because I adore Pippi! If you have not read the books or watched the films I can highly recommend them.
I had plenty of ideas for blocks but had to drop one after the other as they were all way over my head! I finally settled on a block that does not feature Pippi herself but one of her favourite foods....cake, preferably eaten for breakfast ;)
Pippi takes all her friends to the candy shop where they buy up a ton of sweets and goodies and have a very good time together. So that was my inspiration.


Cocorico February for Muriel

I drew up a rough sketch of where I wanted what to be, and then made paper piecing patterns for each individual section.  I am particularly pleased with how the bow on the chocolate box came out, I was not sure if I would be able to pull it off!
Do have a look at the flickr group Amy and Kerry both made amazing Pippi blocks this month!

x Leila

P.S please check back tomorrow for some exciting news....!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute! Oh, I loved Pippi too. Need to introduce my kids to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yummy! I love how you have all those cake prints :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty array of sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great block!, as usual. looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this block! Time to raid the biscuit barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect - you did a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gracious! you deserve a medal! it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully clever block missus x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made such a fun and sweet ;-) block, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so freaking cute! I love the wedding cake!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)