Monday, 20 February 2012

Weekend Sewing

I have had a wonderful weekend in, sewing my little heart out!
A little while back I splurged on Wiksten's Tova pattern, not exactly what I am used to paying for a sewing pattern but I had seen so many wonderful tops and dresses made. I simply could not resist.
I made both the dress and the top version and I love them both!

For the dress I used a wonderfully soft cotton muslin, it is black so it will go with pretty much anything and I think I will get a lot of use out of this dress.


I also bought this lovely sheer cotton voile on our local market and decided this would be perfect for a soft floaty summer top. I changed the collar a bit to make it look less dressed up and more like a tunic. It was easy enough to do I cut one collar piece and just folded it under like you do for the sleeve cuffs. I am pretty happy with the results!


Wiksten Tova Top
The only problem is I am all dressed up now and nowhere to go on a Monday afternoon ;)

What did you do this weekend?

x Leila

21 comments:

  1. I just orderde that pattern! Yours looks great, can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look wonderful~ love the fabrics you chose as well!
    i usually don't have much luck with sewing clothes-but this pattern looks so tempting :)
    i accomplished a bit of sewing this weekend too, but smaller projects...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty leila! I love the tova pattern, can't quite justify the splurge at the moment though. Do you know off hand what size it goes upto?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely dress and top! i have been eyeing that pattern too, but can't bring myself to make the purchase. your floral top sure nudges me in that direction though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look great! i'll have to get myself that pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both: dress and blouse! I could wear such clothes all the time.
    I never sew anything for myself and when I see clothes sewn by you, I just barely resist the temptation of giving a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gorgeous, I have looked at this pattern so many times but it is a lot of £s. Your tops look so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prachtig!! Nou het naai virus hing vast in de lucht want ik heb ook een groot gedeelte van mijn weekend achter de naai machine gezeten . Heerlijk.
    x
    Else

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your tovas. i really love the top but haven't bought it yet because of the price, like kerry. i really should probably just do it. i love every one i see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! Both utterly gorgeous! Just go strut about outside showing off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute ! Was not as productive as you sadly! I do want to go back to making clothes for myself - really want to make a few skirt but some tops would actually be nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! Beautiful new clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so lovely! I can't pick a fav, both are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great on you! I know I can save myself the money though, as that pattern would look like a sack on me... one day I'll be trendy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh lovely, you can pop round for tea if you like x

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty! you were sewing up a storm!!! I love it when you make clothes, they're always so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i agree , very lovley and stylish!

    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Leila.lovely tunics, especially the one with the flowers, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Leila!! The both turned out sooo good!!! You're quite the little model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cottons Kurtis look so wonderful and designing.It look so colorful and comfortable for the girls.

    scooter

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)