Monday, 26 March 2012

Ringo Pie March ~ Lava lamp fish

It is the first month of a new round of Ringo Pie. Ayumi picked grocery store as her theme which is wonderful because there are so many fun things to make.
There are shelves full of wonderful packaging, tills and scales lovely jars of jam and bottles with labels, dairy, veggies, meat and fish.

I chose fish.


 

I am not sure what possessed me! I thought it would be cute I suppose, and at one point I did think it was going to work. But then I had a closer look and all I could see was rockets, or lava lamps! I tried embroidering the eyes and some gills hoping it would help.


Ringo Pie March

But there is nothing that will disguise the true lava lamp nature of these fish. Lets just say they're whimsical ;)


x Leila

14 comments:

  1. Lava fish! When I was a child, my aunt had a lava lamp, I thought it was the most amazing creation, ever. I think your fish are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lava lamp fish are a very rare and desirable breed =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I only saw fish...until you mentioned the lava lamps! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute leila! I'm doing a fish in my block too (when I get to making it that is - hopefully tonight!). love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely fish, when they are sideways x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see fish....very clearly....very lovely....fish! Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fish.....Lava lamps....you made a 2 in one =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they're really fun and whimsical! I know Ayumi will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw fish first :o) so your design does work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leila! You totally my day! I don't think your fish looks like Lava lamp! It just reminds me of lovely Nordic style fish design that is often on kitchen towels. You did such a fantastic job capturing the cute shape and choosing just right perfectly vintage-ish colors! I'm so happy this is coming my way!! Thank you so much Leila!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)