Sunday, 27 May 2012

Fat Quarterly linky party

Hello there fat quarterly retreaters!
Just a few days left before we get to meet, are you nervous? I am!!


Fat Quarterly

For those of you new to my blog, I'm Leila. I am 33 years old, half Dutch half English. A single mum to a gorgeous six year old boy. I live in the Netherlands, but have a Mr. in the UK so I travel back and forth often.


Fretting and some frantic sewing aside I am not as prepared as some of you are. I have not cut out any fabrics for my workshops yet or decided on the all important 'what to wear'. I did however order a bunch of things online and gave the Mr. a shopping list of essentials to be provided upon my arrival. Only some of which relevant to the retreat others not so much. Have you seen the Jubilee edition of marmite yet...got to have me some of that!



I have a face - the proof

I will be taking the train to London on Saturday morning, I sorta kinda know where to go from there. But should you find me bewildered and lost somewhere on the tube please be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Provided I get there in once piece, and lets just assume I do, I'll be fiddling with small pieces of freezer paper with Kerry in the morning and glueing my fingers shut making framed purses with Katy in the afternoon. Kerry and Katy are just about the coolest chicks in blogland, so I am very excited!!

See you in London next week!!

x Leila

27 comments:

  1. We'll probably be in the same freezer paper class. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to finally meet you. And me as a cool chick- ha ha, thankyou for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, we aren't in the same classes but am hoping I get to meet a fellow FMB2 girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same classes as you! Looking forward to meeting you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, see you in the FPP class :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh i'm not in any of your classes :O( but sure we'll find time to say hi, see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to meeting you in person and the location is easy to find, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we will all be soooo obvious on the trains and tubes!! Look forward to meeting you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are pretty cool so I'll be the one turning beetroot and stuttering when we meet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you at Kerry's, well no doubt before that!
    Can't wait xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you wear the cat's whiskers so we can recognise you. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not able to make the retreat this time (boo :-( ) but hope it all goes spectacularly well xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Leila - At last we will meet!! More than excited! We'll have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be the other one with her fingers glued to each other and everything else in Katy's class. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to meet you Leila!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to meeting you! Good luck finding you way on saturday morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will see you on Saturday morning in Kerry's class, do you think you could draw on the whiskers again to break the ice? You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hope you had/have an amazing time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So nice to see your photo on the blog (should have done the same myself really... didn't think of it!) and I will be in the frame purses class pm too! Will be so great to finally meet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to actually meet! See you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do so look forward to meeting you Leila! Will you only be staying Saturday? Boy, you'll have to get up early then.
    Have a safe journey; I go by train too.
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to meeting you Leila!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm paper pieceing with you on saturday am. Look forward to meeting you

    ReplyDelete
  24. No marmite! No! Horrid stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)