Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Fat Quarterly Retreat 2012

Wow Fat Quarterly retreat ...what an overwhelming experience!! I felt slightly dizzy for most of the day not quite knowing what to do with myself. I met amazing people, I took two fab classes, I chatted, I laughed it was simply wonderful!


The main hall was just buzzing with creativity, so many faces both familiar and unfamiliar, it made my head spin.

morning class - Charlotte


The overall atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. The soft humming of sewing machines, heads bent down over tiny hand stitches, little burst of laughter, munching homemade biscuits, a friendly smile whichever way you turned.



There were pretty, pretty fabrics, goodie bags and all sorts of wonderful freebies from the sponsors.



Matching names with faces, swapping handmade goodies, exchanging Moo cards and email addresses. Admiring quilts, zippy pouches, sewing kits, handmade dresses and many many pretty bags!

Karen and her lovely bag
Karen showing off her pretty bag
We learned new things, we laughed, we shared we became this community we knew we always were.
How could I possibly describe the magic that takes place when you bump into an old friend for the very first time!

Kerry and me


A day was much too short, please can we do this again next year!!

xxx Leila

17 comments:

  1. lovely pic of you and Kerry - so nice to meet you I just wish I'd had more time with you - everything seemed so rushed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say it so well but... omg... I never see pics of me (as I am on the other side of the camera :-) is that me? :-0 Diet here I come! (or maybe a Demis Roussos Kaftan would be good...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely photo of you and Kerry- you look so comfortable with one another! And I love the little paper pieced I see in the 'goodies' shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Leila :-) hoping to meet you there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and lovely to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos they really capture the atmosphere! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics, I love the one of you and Kerry! Wish I could've been there, it looks like an amazing time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last picture the most! It's so fun seeing what everyone got up at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me so happy again seeing that photo, smiling a big smile right her now x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second Lynne - I didn't get to spend anywhere near enough time with you. Thank you so much for being a part of it, I'm so emotional thinking of all the amazing fun we had. Thank you. xxx
    See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was lovely to meet you in that first class, hope to see you again next year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely photo of you and Kerry :) So great you've had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking forward to next year so I can actually stop and chat with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like it was the perfect retreat! I'm trying to think up how I could get to the other side of the world for next year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it was so lovely to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that photo of you and Kerry. Wish I could have spent more time with you but hope to next year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)