Thursday, 14 June 2012

Ringo Pie May

I am done catching up on bee blocks- yay! Now the question remains if I can manage to make this month's blocks on time but best not dwell.

May was Kerry's month in Ringo Pie and she asked us to make a schoolhouse style block with spotty borders if needed, expressing creativity in our fabric choices.
It all sounded simple enough but leave it up to me to take a simple assignment and turn it into a complicated task, of course I started stressing over how uncreative\creative my fabric choices should be!

Ringo Pie May - house for Kerry


I seem incapable of choosing obvious fabric and colour combinations, I had to combine quilting cottons, vintage cottons a bit of voile with a bit of tana lawn and linen, no less.
I fussy cut a K and G for the chimneys, Kerry's initials and in case she missed those (she didn't) I fussy cut her surname over the entrance of the house.
There is a very stylish looking Suzuko Koseki lady peeking out of the doorway, no idea who she is ;)
  Perhaps Katy came over for a visit to inspect the quality of Kerry's Tana Lawn, lawn ( I love my own little jokes! feel free to ignore them)

It will be winding it's way to her as soon as I can find a minute to go to the post office.

Only two weeks of school left till summer holidays start, this is always such a busy but exciting time of year!

x Leila


17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous house! Love the vintage x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous house! Love the vintage x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am a big fan of your little houses (!) and I love all the detail you put in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a very pretty school house indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so great leila! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and so appropriate for kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful block Leila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great! The little details make it that much better =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is great~ I love all of the fussy cut details!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tana Lawn, lawn. HAHAHAHA! This little house of Green is tops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love the fussy cut details. Glad I'm not the only one still trying to get May blocks done ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Especially love the lawn lawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I love it all! THe lady I aspire to be- bit I am never that glam! the garden I would love to have, I think I have my kitchen pretty ell sorted, i will dream the rest through this house! Thankyou leila xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So like the women folks in the doorways and windows!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the thought you put into your block, Leila! It turned out just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hoi leila,
    wat een prachtig blog zeg! en wat een mooie dingen heb je gemaakt. ik heb je ge-bookmarkt :-)
    groetjes anna (moeder van sarah)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)