Saturday, 7 July 2012

all I need now are some flowers in my hair

I had no intentions of sewing my own summer wardrobe but boy am I having fun with this dressmaking thing! Especially if I get to sew with pretty luxurious Liberty lawns. I love them so it is bordering on addiction!

me skirt


After getting over the initial fear of actually cutting into my precious fabric this tiered maxi skirt came together very quick and easy. It is just the most perfect thing to wear on a sunny day like today, I love it!

In other news, have you seen these exciting new paper piecing patterns yet?


photo courtesy of Sew-Ichigo

 Rainbow rack of spools and Button it by Kerry and Penny, available for purchase over at Sew-Ichigo

photo courtesy of Pink Penguin

And Ayumi's Popsicles pattern which is available for purchase at Superbuzzy I can't wait to start on these blocks, they are fantastic!!

x Leila

p.s there is still time to enter my give away here


14 comments:

  1. Yes you should have bare feet and flowers! Groovy baby!

    The patterns are lovely - sort of feel sorry for the penguin! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's a fabulous skirt and you wear it so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that look Leila! I think I have strong hippy tendencies! Thankyou for the pattern love too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my mum started dressing me like that in the 70s - Mother's are always right, eventually!
    Beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is just beautiful well done, I would have struggled to have cut into it too! I think it's a timeless pattern, I have worn a similar skirt in various colours and patterns for 30 odd years now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hasten to add not the same skirt, different skirts in a similar style, you know what I meant right? :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would have loved this, back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great skirt! Perfect for hitting the beach or a summer picnic. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a v.pretty skirt, you should be well chuffed! The new range of liberty prints are so so lovely. I want to make dresses out of all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, loving the Liberty look there, but yes, I do think you need at least a daisy chain in your hair ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the skirt... So very pretty for summer....now we just need the weather:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want my hair to be long again! i miss it. love the skirt leila, i bet that liberty feels heavenly on your legs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are too cute! love the skirt so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Liberty certainly is something very special. Your skirt is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)