Sunday, 1 July 2012

Fresh Sewing Day June

Our summer holidays started. I find it odd that I always really look forward to this six week break right up till the final days before we're off when I suddenly realize I will have to spend six long weeks home alone with my little monster - help!  He is inevitably going to wind up bored out of his mind driving me up the walls..but there is still plenty of time for all that ;)

hex pile


I have decided to join in with Katy's Hexy MF quilt along. I haven't been working on an actual quilt in a while and English paper piecing is the perfect portable summer sewing project so I have good hopes I may actually end up with a quilt in the end (if not a quilt a largish cushion would certainly be within reach)

hexies


I am thinking that if I do manage to make enough hexagons for a quilt I may do something different for the borders. Not sure exactly what yet but there is plenty of time until then.

So tell me what are you up to this summer, any fun holiday plans? Are you excited or dreading the long days at home with the offspring? (do tell me I am not alone in this!)

I am linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day, hop on over to Lily's Quilts and have a look what everyone else has been up to in June.


Lily's Quilts

Oh, and if you have the time please check back here tomorrow for a fun summer tutorial and a give away!


x Leila

19 comments:

  1. Your hexagons look lovely, I really like the fabrics you are using,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really tempted by that Hexy QAL, but yet to take the plunge! Your hexies look good, maybe I should have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you are joining us! looking great and so very in 'Leila style'. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely to meet you, I found you through Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day. I am loving the Hexies, they look great. EPP is the next thing on my list of things to try :-) I have 2 children at home, my daughter starts pre-school in September and I can't wait! My son is 5 months old so I'm pretty busy at the moment and sometimes my days are long! I hope you have a great summer and manage to get some sewing done too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics you're using for the Hexy MF - I've been resisting joining in, but I might have to give in after seeing those...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics you are using for your Hexie flowers. And they all look so perfectly joined together - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you have the best stash.... its going to be lovely I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so torn between longing for 6 weeks off work, but having to spend it with the kids! Hopefully the sun will shine and they can just play outside and leave me alone for the best part of the day!

    Loving your hexies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hexies are lovely. I am sure you will have fun with that kid, can you teach him to make hexies?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all out of kids, so nothing for me to dread in that regard, and my holiday isn't until October, so I suppose I'll be plodding along as usual! Your hexies look great though, looking forward to seeing them all joined together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, I know the summer break,bored kid feeling ;-)
    these hexagons look so perfect lined up....I'll be back tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great hexagons! The largish pillow sounds good! I'll have the younger Giant added to the people at home....he gets bored very easily...The older giant is going off to work away from home in the summer. So will be a battle between the giant and Father...We are planning a few day trips when Mother is off work =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stonking choice of fabrics! Yup me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hexeys look great! If you do stick with it you will have one beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just stunning hexies, Leila...I can't take my eyes off them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely start those are! So crisp and perfect. How are we supposed to resist?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh, I just fell hard for hexies! I look forward to seeing your finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)