Monday, 20 August 2012

Green Tea ~ a paper piecing pattern

 Green Tea was supposed to be my first paper piecing pattern but it was stubborn and refused to go first ;) The block is inspired by a cast iron Japanese teapot my mother had when I was little. We never really used it but I loved to lift it up from the Aga and feel it's weight and nubby texture.
Green Tea



The block measures 6" square when finished but can easily be made larger or smaller if you so prefer.
If you have made a few paper pieced blocks before you should have no real trouble with this block. There aren't many small pieces and the construction is pretty straightforward. Matching up those diagonals can be a little tricky, I find basting sections together with a larger stitch length really helps. It makes it so much easier to unpick a seam when pieces do not align properly. I have also added tick marks to help you with this step.

The Green Tea paper piecing pattern is available for purchase in my Etsy shop and on Craftsy.

x Leila

10 comments:

  1. love this block (and green tea of course) - you always use amazing fabrics which seem to perfectly fit whichever image your making :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!
    -of course the prints are perfect too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely pattern and I am sure will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a pretty pot! And what a very nice green fabric too. Best of luck with your pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its fab, and love the fabrics you chose! Speaking of which, my parcel of fabric goodness arrived today, thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely block :-) Is that a new header too, or am I really late in noticing....? Looks fab anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great pattern! Those old teapots were so cool! We had one for years till it was thrown out =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it! My Dad had one and I liked the weight of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your block design is just perfect. i can feel the weight of the cast iron in my hand just looking at your block. that is how perfect your lines are.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)