Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Wednesday ~ random

On my sewing table today is this lonely slipper.  I've been brave and cut into my precious stack of Bloomsbury Gardens, I am not sorry I did. I can't get over how rich and saturated these colours are, they are so pretty!! One down, one to go.

I used the pattern from Suzuko Koseki's latest book Colour Couture. I will blog about them properly once I have finished the second one. 

Another half finished project on my sewing table is this pair of leggings. I bookmarked  this tutorial on the Etsy blog ages ago. I love wearing leggings with skirts and dresses this time of year, but I can't often find ones in other colours than black, grey, brown.  So why not make my own :)

I'm really enjoying this dark and gloomy floral print, it looks perfectly autumnal to me. It still needs hemming, well not really the edges don't fray but I did buy a fancy twin needle so I will finish the hemming at some point ;)

I'm savouring every sunny day now as I think it might be the last before the rain comes. Looking for something summery to eat that I haven't made a million times over already I came across this recipe on Pinterest - It's good! Give it a try if this is your type of thing.
There's just about enough left for lunch tomorrow lucky me!

x Leila

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous slipper! Those fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this slipper! And I can't wait for Bloomsbury Gardens:)
    Your slippers (this will be second pair, right?) encourage me to sew such for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great slipper! I want a pair only I'm not sure I could bring myself to wear them in case they got messed up. I do love that Bloomsbury Gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you will have the fanciest feet in town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my what a beautiful slipper!! you shall go to the ball! lol and making your own leggings is a fab idea love the fabric! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, all fab projects, you'll be very well dressed this autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a fab looking slipper! I love the fabrics actually. Interesting fabric for the leggings =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely to catch up with you after I have had a bit of a blogging break. I love your hexagons - they work so well together!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so interested in how your leggings work out, great fabric! And I love your exotic slipper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your slipper is amazing, Leila!! And the salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that slipper!! And, guess what?? I repinned your pin and made that salad right away that night! Well, minus the bread since I don't eat gluten! It was fantastic and even better the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhh your Liberty slipper is just perfect!! It is so gorgeous to stare at online, I can't imagine how completely gorgeous it is to hold!! You will feel so beautiful wearing them, honestly ... as I'm sitting typing wearing jeans and faithful Birkenstocks ... !! Looking forward to seeing the finished pair. Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Liberty slippers are so pretty. I would hate to put my foot into them for fear of ruining the gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. and I forgot to say...making your own leggings, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)