Saturday, 1 September 2012

Leggings

They're finished, so comfy and I am definitely making more of these for autumn!

Leggings


If you would like to make your own pair there's a very helpful tutorial here it will take you through the steps of drafting your own pattern and how to construct the leggings.

I must admit I ended up not drafting my own pattern from scratch. I was struggling too much taking my measurements, especially from behind you really need a volunteer to help you with those! Since I needed to use an old pair of leggings to get the measurements right I decided it would be just as easy to trace them.


The fabric I used came from our once a week fabric market. It has a comfortable amount of stretch and I just love the print! 





If you have an over locker these come together super fast and easy, but even if you don't most knits don't fray so you don't necessarily need to bother yourself with finishing the inside seams.

After reading up on tips for sewing with knits - Made by Rae has some very helpful posts on knits here  I decided to used a twin needle to finish off the hems. It turned out really well, I love how professional it looks!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Leila x

13 comments:

  1. They do look great! My daughter would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love those Leila, great result! I have used the twin needle hem before and it looks very pro

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a beautiful job on those, and they really look good on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I think it would be too tricky to sew a pair myself but I've worked with spandex it's probably easier then that right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what eye catching leggins! Why buy when you can make =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are incredible! What amazing fabric. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are amazing, and you make so many different ones, with more or less pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are too clever and have good legs (I don't like you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great, although much as I love to sew, my time is getting rapidly eaten up right now, so I may just fork out the £3 at Primark (oh the shame...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look amazing - i never even thought about making my own leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow leila, these are spectacular!!! they look beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)