Thursday, 20 September 2012

Quilting Along

I am sure you are all well aware of the super cute patterns Ayumi has been making as part of the Super Pink Penguin quilt along. Please have a look at her Flickr group here you are in for a treat there are so many cute blocks to see! I for one can never resist her sweet creations. Did you know Ayumi has a book coming out next year?! Woop!! 

So while I'm busy working on a few fun projects behind the scenes, I found time to sew up this chef block.
Super Penguin QAL

I love how he has this sort of French pastry chef look, very serious about his cake but he's still polite enough to say please ;)

And just in case you are curious about the 'fun stuff' I was referring to ... how does a QAL sound? Rachel and I have been plotting an scheming along with a few other very talented quilters and I'm so excited about where things are headed. This is not just another quilt along where we all join in to make the same pretty quilt, no there will be different designs for you to choose from plus there are quite a few things to learn along the way - sounds good right? We still need a bit more time to get everything ready but I will keep you posted!!

x Leila 


10 comments:

  1. Love your chef! He is wonderful. The wording fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear more details on the QAL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chef and his cake, and yes, he looks like a totally stereotypical serious French chef :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous Chef! He does look very French - so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great looking Chef!!
    Looking forward to hearing more info on the QAL =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can hardly wait to see where you and Rachel are going with this! Love your Chef too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to get started on my quilt when I get back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chef ~ is he holding a cake?
    The QAL sounds intriguing ~ looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You totally nailed the chef block, Leila! I just can't get over how cute he is!! Yes what you said about him (serious French chef, but still quite polite) is what I wanted him to be like!

    Can't wait to see your quilt you are working for the QAL! It will be a fun QAL!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)