Finished block size 10" x 10"
* I had calculated my blocks to be 10 1\2" unfinished but after squaring up, they were closer to 10 1\4" this could be an error in my accuracy or in my calculations - math isn't exactly my strong suit! Either way as long as your blocks are consistently the same size it doesn't matter much!
Lets make a quilt shall we?
- Sew the 4 large corner triangles to the 4 rectangles.
- Sew the 4 small light value triangles in pairs of 2 to two of your triangle and rectangle blocks.
- Sew the other two rectangle and triangle blocks to both opposite sides of the centre square.
- Sew both triangle blocks to each opposite side of the centre strip to complete the block.
- Trim and square up the block making sure you leave 1\4" seam allowance from the top of each point.
- Sew 10 blocks with light corner triangles.
- Sew 10 blocks with dark\medium corner triangles.
- Arrange blocks alternating light and dark.
- Sew 5 rows of four blocks.
- Join rows to complete the quilt top.
- Baste and quilt as desired.
- Attach binding.
Your quilt is finished!
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, if you have any questions or comments I'm here :)
If you make this quilt or any of the other Value Added quilts we would love to see them! Please share your pictures in our Flickr group here.