Monday, 26 November 2012

Improv quilt

How was your weekend?
Ours was very windy and cold, perfect weather to stay indoors and sew.
I decided to dig into my never ending pile of scraps and start sewing, the only plan being to make a dent into said scraps.

improv quilt



This was one of those quilts that just sort of happened. I started off thinking it might become a cushion. A few more rows pieced I thought 'well perhaps it could be a fun kitchen mat'. And in the end it became this pretty lap quilt, with lots of wonderful tactile texture.
I just love when that happens!

improv quilt detail


It's made with a mix of mostly solids, lots of linen texture and a few pops of colour. I've quilted it in organic straight lines that are unevenly spaced to keep with the improvisational nature of the quilt. I just love the way straight line quilting feels on a quilt! This baby is listed in the shop in the hopes of finding a new good home.

improv quilt back



Today is the last day of my Black Friday - Cyber Monday weekend sale, last chance to grab a bargain! Remember to use BlackFriday20 to receive 20% off your order!

x Leila




12 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, I love straight line quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! love all that improv piecing, lots of textures, and the quilting is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely quilt, I really like the colours and fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like very much your improv quilt! The colors are amazing - you've got fabulous scraps:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt, and the fabric you used for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You have a very distinctive style - I think if I saw this quilt elsewhere I would know it was one you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You used so many solids that pulled it together quite well. What a great, funky vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the prettiest improv quilts I have seen. It is so soft and muted but so NOT boring. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours and different fabric textures you've used in this quilt! It's pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, love the colour mix

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)