Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Pineapple

Autumn has arrived with it's mandatory seasonal colds and shivers. Now that we're just a little under the weather but no longer huddled up under a pile of quilts watching DVDs I can finally catch up on some sewing.

October was Tamiko's month in Cocorico her theme was Hawaii. I was glad to get a second shot at this theme as I wasn't too pleased with the block I had made her in Ringo Pie.
I settled on a pineapple block from Patchwork 318.

Cocorico October - Hawaii
I'm quite pleased with this cute little pineapple. Seeing as it finishes at only 5.5'' I decided to add a border to bulk it up a little.


Cocorico October - Hawaii


As usual with Kumiko Fujita block designs looks are deceiving, there were some tricky inset seams to tackle. It took me two attempts but I conquered them - yay!

One belated bee block down, four more to go I think, yikes best get cracking!
But before I leave, the inspiration for my block and the reason I couldn't stop giggling the whole time I was sewing this...



They sure look comfortable don't they ;)

x Leila

12 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Those dresses are ridiculous! Your block, however, is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pineapple block, so cute! Do I take it from your comment that it's NOT paper-pieced? Wow! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the Pineapple dress episode, hilarious! Great block by the way, the border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pineapple - colours work so well. Dress - well what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love it!! what a cute little pineapple. beautiful job leila! I'm so behind too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute block. You did well! The plaid border is awesome with your patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have surely given me the best laugh of the day! That video is hilarious. And your block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pineapple and great choice of fabric for the border. Love the inspiration too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress! Oh and your block isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your block! the video ~ hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a hoot, such goofy dresses! I do love the little pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)