Thursday, 27 December 2012

another year over...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time!

I don't have a large family and they live scattered all over Europe so spending these days together isn't always a given. This year we managed to all get together and enjoy a fancy Christmas dinner. It's been good fun and I am so grateful my family took the time to travel down here.
Now it is my turn to pack the suitcases and fly out for a few days to celebrate the new year with my Mr.

Since I'll be gone and not planning to spend my days glued to the computer I thought I'd take this moment to wrap up 2012.


2012


Looking back on the year I can see I've been mostly practicing and improving my paper piecing and dress making skills. I finally feel like I got the hang of this paper piecing thing and I understand the basics of designing my own patterns and more importantly how to use Photoshop Elements to do so.
I've also grown much more confident in my dress making abilities, I can tackle some minor pattern adjustments and I'm not afraid to cut into my precious fabrics anymore. Mum, your sewing lessons are finally paying off! ;)

I'm already cooking up some plans for the new year. I started on some quilt blocks that I think would make a fun QAL if you fancy one? I've been dyeing more scarves, I'm playing around with Touchdraw - I've got lots more to learn on pattern design! I'd like to fit at least one swap in this year and I'm also itching to do a bit of hand sewing I'm thinking sashiko...

For now I just want to thank you all for your kind comments and support! May you have a wonderful creative new year!!

xx Leila

7 comments:

  1. Great collection of makes for the year, and glad you had such a fab Christmas! Have a wonderful New Year with the Mr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to get together with all the family for Christmas and I hope the new Year will be a good one for you. All your creations are lovely. I'd like to understand the Paper piecing thing. My brain just thinks wrong to understand it. I think I must rip out each seam 3-4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all beautiful makes, I have enjoyed them over the year. I hope you have a lovely holiday and how lovely to be with your family for the holidays too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A productive year for Thankyou and my crystal ball sees an even better year for you next year ;) enjoy your new year celebrations,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely mosaic. Your projects are so dreamy. I love them all. Fun to read your summary of where you've been and where you're going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, my dear, have the Midas crafting touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, please, to a QAL! Your projects from this year are gorgeous, and I've really enjoyed following your blog, Leila. If you're not already off on a holiday, I'd like to invite you to link up your year-end post at Craft Buds for our 2012/2013 link party: http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2012-year-in-review-link-party.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)