Monday, 17 December 2012

Monday

This weekend I decided to experiment with some fabric dye. I picked up a few metres of plain sheer cotton and two colours to play with.  I went for the ever popular ombre look by simply dipping the ends of the scarves in the dye first and slowly working my way to the middle.

Experimenting with hand dyed scarfs. I should have bought more fabric to play with, this is fun!


The results are not too shabby, two hand dyed scarves that are very easy to wear. My only regret is that I didn't buy more fabric, I have a few more ideas I would like to try out.



x Leila





9 comments:

  1. Those look great Leila. My regret is always not buying enough fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I have some dying plans with some Annie's Farm Stand white on white, you know, for when I have some spare time... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty and simple - looks lovely - I shall have to give that a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. do I have time to do some before Christmas????? what kind of dye did you use???

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks so fun! can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! A good experiment I'd say!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)