Thursday, 6 December 2012

two more bee blocks

These are my last two bee blocks for Cocorico.

First up is Erin who has a little one on the way and asked us for nursery rhyme blocks. I settled on twinkle twinkle little star. I used Lynne's ET phone home block because I loved how the stars in this block also look a bit like a brilliant cut diamond 'like a diamond in the sky'...


Erin's block completed. It turned quite soft with a sort of vintage feel, I like it. Hope Erin will like it too!

I took a snap shot with my new toy, isn't Instagram the best!


This block has a very soft vintage sort of feel to it, which is exactly what I wanted - result!

Next up is another house block for Kerry. I used a pattern from Patchwork 163 (I got my copy here) it's a lovely book I'm dying to make so many more of these blocks!


House block for Kerry #cocorico


I tried to incorporate as many cute fabrics as I possibly could without it becoming too busy. There's little fussy cut pieces of Kumiko Fujita and Shinzi Katoh for the door and windows, a bit of Suzuko Koseki for the main body of the house and some Denyse Schmidt for the roof. House blocks are possibly my very favourite thing to sew!

With these two last blocks I've finished a years worth of Cocorico blocks. I think a mosaic is in order don't you?!


Cocorico blocks for 2012


I sure hope we will be doing another round in 2013!!

x Leila

11 comments:

  1. all of the blocks are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house, love Erin's star, love all round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those are some beautiful blocks!!! So very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blocks, and love the round up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a really beautiful collection of blocks! Does that book provide patterns and instructions / sizes / templates?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful. I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are all amazing. Just love the colours/fabrics/designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are an awesome Bee member - these are all beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazing work, Leila! It's fun to see them again and all together. Still loving that moth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely, lovely blocks Leila! And yes, I agree. Instagram is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :-)